Monday, December 5, 2005

One Pilot I'll Be Keeping My Eye On...

One of my favorite recent shows was Worldwide Pants' ED.

During its three-year run on NBC, I thought the show was a very entertaining, good natured show that successfully mixed comic and dramatic elements. It had a great cast, led by a Canadian actor who I think is the closest thing I've seen to a genuine Jimmy Stewart type, Tom Cavanagh, and the lovely, never-better-than-in-this-role Julie Bowen. Together, those two executed a pretty-well executed running "will they or won't they" romantic subplot. The show also had an intriguing combo of offbeat lawyering and small-town weirdness about it.

Plus, they filmed it close to where I lived when I was a kid.

ED was one of my specs a couple years ago. I actually quite liked that one. Too bad it's fishwrap now. Oh well.

The big news is that the creative team behind ED, former Late Show writers Rob Burnett and Jon Beckerman, have just gotten a Pilot with ABC. The pilot will star Donal Logue, who's never yet managed to transfer the excellence of his Tao of Steve performance to Television.

This is one that I'll be rooting for.

Link to the story in the Hollywood Reporter.

No comments: